This is our Infinity Experience visiting Los Angeles & Santa Monica, below are reviews of the hotels we stayed in the and tours went on.
Ramada Plaza West Hollywood – The rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a really nice cafe next door for breakfast. (They even serve fried chicken as a side at breakfast – hells yeah!) Do not recommending walking to the Hall of Fame as this will take a long time. 10 mins in a taxi can get you there nice and quick. The area itself doesn’t have a huge amount of “tourist attractions” at the door step but a lot of dining options and is great for bars/clubs.
Loews Santa Monica – This is a beautiful hotel. This is in such a good location – literally faces out to the Ferris wheel! The rooms were really lovely. This hotel has a decent sized pool but you don’t’ really need it. They also have little personal bonfires in the pool area which is a really nice touch.
Sheraton Universal – This hotel is in an awesome location! I am surprised! I always thought this was too far out of the way but really isn’t! You literally walk down the hill from the hotel and the metro station is right there. It only costs $1 for the journey toHollywood/Highlands and takes 2 minutes (The trains are safe and clean and run on time.) Once you walk out of the station, you are in the thick of it all. The famous Mann’s Chinese theatre is immediately to the right.
Bikes and Hikes LA Tour around Beverly Hills. Ride past all the stars homes including the well known Beverly Hills sign. There are a few hills at the start but if you struggle with this, the tour will drive you up there to meet up with the rest.
Segways in Santa Monica Tour – This is so much fun! Segways are super easy to ride, you just push your body weight forwards to backwards to accelerate/decelerate and use handle bars to turn. Anyone can do this! Great way to see Santa Monica Beach!
Ifly Universal – Indoor skydiving. The instructors suit you up and throw you on top of a giant fan. They are also with you at all times to make sure everything is ok so this is recommended for most ages. Each flight lasts about 1 min but it is great fun. This tour is located in the Universal City Walk.
The Universal VIP Experience – After this experience its not worth pushing to the front of the line. Go VIP and get the following inclusions:
* Continental Breakfast – Smoked salmon bagels, pastries n stuff.
* A guide for the day – Benefit of this? You don’t have to try and plan out your day to see the shows etc. Your guide has it all covered and will ensure you get to see all the highlights.
* Luxury Transportation
* Upgraded Backlot Tour – Get off the trolley and walk around the sets! We were walking around on the set of the Grinch, War of World, and Back to the future which is something you cannot do on the standard trolley. I was fortunate enough to go onto the set of Parenthood and also a new show About a Boy.
* More chances of Celebrity Sightings! I saw Jason Bateman, Maya Rudolph and Mario Lopez.
* Gourmet Buffet Lunch – The chef that cooks this lunch, also does the food for the crew while filming.
* Priority seating at Water World Show
* Free Wifi in the VIP lounge – so you can gloat about it!
Written by Julie O’Sullivan, Infinity Famils Team